Job shadowing provides an opportunity for a student to observe a healthcare professional performing daily routines. During this time, the student may ask questions about educational and job requirements, as well as the qualities needed to be successful in both the specific field being shadowed and healthcare in general. An experience such as job shadowing can assist students to decide whether a career in healthcare is their calling and what type of healthcare career they want to pursue. In addition, job shadowing can provide students with observation hours necessary for college.
High school students (age 16 and up), college students, and adults interested in healthcare careers are invited to apply for job shadowing.
Job shadow periods are offered twice per year. The 2022 periods are as follows:
- Summer shadow period (May 1, 2022- August 31, 2022) Applications will be available March 15 – August 1.
- Winter Break shadow period (December 5, 2022 through January 20, 2023) Applications will be available October 3 – December 20.
1. You must complete the Job Shadow Application.
2. Upon completion of the application, you will receive an email with instructions and details on the following requirements. All documentation must be returned by the deadline (see dates above).
- Healthcare Criminal History Background Affidavit
- Immunization Record
- Negative TB test results (within last 12 months)
- Memorial Job Shadow Health Attestation
- Proof of Covid vaccine or exemption
- Flu Vaccine documentation or declination (for winter break shadow participants)
- Job Shadow Agreement
- Parental Consent form (if under 18)
- Complete online orientation
Once you’ve returned all required documents and completed online orientation, a Memorial Student Affiliations Coordinator will begin the process to match you with a provider. Once matched, you will be given contact information to set up your shadow dates/times. Please note that placement is not guaranteed. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.