Nurse Navigators are medical professionals who guide cancer patients and their caregivers through each phase of their treatment journey.
An important part of treatment is learning how to handle the life changes and challenges that come with your diagnosis. Memorial Cancer Center is there every step of the way to help you understand what is happening and make sense of the emotions you are feeling.
Memorial Nurse Navigator Services
Your Memorial Nurse Navigator is an experienced oncology nurse whose primary goal is to guide you and your family members through the cancer care process. You can rely on your Nurse Navigator to explain and coordinate each phase of your care, including:
- Managing appointments with caregiver
- Assistance with transportation and language or translation
- Education on diagnosis and treatment plans
- Nutritional education
- Psychological counseling
- Community agencies and support groups
- Rehabilitation Services (example: physical, occupational, & speech therapy)
- Medical equipment, prescriptions, wigs, and prosthetics
- Financial assistance programs
- Direction with clinical trials processes
Contact a Nurse Navigator
Should you have questions, concerns or needs please do not hesitate to contact one of our Nurse Navigators.
|Teresa Ford, RN||(228) 575-2978|
|Paula James, RN, BSN||(228) 575-2905|