Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Treatment Information
Once your doctor determines your chemotherapy or biotherapy plan, you may receive your treatment as infusions in the hospital or in an outpatient infusion clinic. Memorial has three dedicated infusion clinics, one conveniently located in Gulfport on the main hospital campus’s Memorial Cancer Center and two more in Biloxi.
For patients requiring intravenous therapy, Memorial Cancer Centers Outpatient Infusion Clinics have a warm and friendly staff and are designed for total patient comfort. The clinics include:
- retractable individual partitions
- individual televisions with headsets
Our downtown Biloxi location allows you to receive chemotherapy or biotherapy infusion treatment in a comfortable, private room.
First Infusion Appointment Information
Prepare for your first treatment by taking the following steps. This will make your experience easier and helps you get the most out of your appointment.
- Upon receiving your referral, call our office to schedule an appointment at (228) 575-1234.
- Bring any information with you to the appointment that may be pertinent to your condition. This includes a patient history form, physician orders, and referrals.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to register and complete additional paperwork that may be needed.
- If you need lab work prior to your treatment, we recommend coming the day before to avoid waiting on the day of your treatment. If you do not complete your lab work the day before treatment, we recommend that you arrive 20-30 minutes ahead of your scheduled treatment and have labs drawn (as needed). We often cannot begin treatment until we see lab results.
If you’re coming for an infusion or chemotherapy treatment, you may bring someone with you. They must wait for you in the lobby while you receive treatment.
Drinks & Snacks
We provide coffee, tea, hot cocoa, juice and crackers. You may also bring your own food and drinks for your visit. We do not have lunch items, but we do have a microwave available. We suggest bringing something to eat if you are going to be here for a long infusion.
What to Bring
Feel free to bring a book, laptop, or tablet. Cell phones may be used discreetly. We provide pillows, blankets, recliners and televisions.
Memorial Infusion Clinic Locations
Memorial Infusion Clinic – Gulfport
Memorial Cancer Center
1340 Broad Avenue | Suite 180
Gulfport, MS 39501
Memorial Infusion Clinic – Cedar Lake (Biloxi)
920 Tommy Munro Drive | 100
Biloxi, MS 39532
For more information about chemotherapy and the treatment process, download “Chemotherapy and You” from the National Cancer Institute.