Memorial Hospital Honors Volunteers
For Immediate Release January 29, 2009
GULFPORT, Miss.—Memorial Hospital honored its Auxiliary with a luncheon and awards ceremony on Wednesday, January 21 at the Hollywood Casino in Bay St. Louis. Diane Gallagher, Vice-President, Marketing and Planning and Linda McCulloch, Volunteer Services Coordinator, presented the awards.
Memorial Hospital volunteers lend valuable service in the Gift Shop, Surgery Information Desk, Second Floor ICU, Fifth Floor Tower Information Desks, Newspaper and Flower Delivery Services, Patient Escort Service, Emergency Department and Cardiac Catheterization Lab Information Desk. Honorees and their hours of service donated during 2008 were:
- Anna Adams, 50 hours;
- Beverly Asher, Jackie Hansen, Bill Magnusen and June Magnusen, 100 hours;
- Ouida Cundiff, Roberta Lundquist and Sammie Smith, 200 hours;
- Ann Collins, Mary Crawford and Patsye Hester, 300 hours;
- Marilyn Nations, 400 hours;
- Sylvia Ballard, Judy Green, Bobbie Kincade, Rena Krol, Bonnie P. Ladner, Sandra Morrison, Nashie Ward, Deborah Webb and Linda Wosiewicz, 500 hours;
- Jack Ballard and John Walters, 600 hours;
- Aurelia Hagin and Suzanne Newsham, 800 hours;
- Angie Henzen and Donna Walters, 900 hours;
- Patty Craven, Bob Roley, Doris Weaver, Harry Weaver and Dick Westover, 1,000 hours;
- Eola Ball, Sue Caldarelli, Margie Jefferson and Gae Odenwald, 1,500 hours;
- Nell Bourgeois and Cindy Kelley, 2,000 hours;
- Beverly Lee and Kaye Perrett, 2,500 hours;
- Laverne Garriga, Carol Giuffria, Peter Psikogios and Sandra Rhodes, 3,000 hours;
- Ernest Norris and Frona Oestriecher, 3,500 hours; Fannie Thomas and Marjorie Taylor, 4,000 hours;
- Mary Holmes, 4,500 hours; Shirley Lee and Raymond Lindsey, 5,000 hours;
- Darlene Smith, 5,500 hours;
- Gloria Fore and Addie Wittmann; 6,500 hours;
- Connie Blackwell, 8,500 hours;
- Mary Cockrell, 9,000 hours;
- Mildred Fayard, 10,000 hours;
- and Jean Ouellette, 14,500 hours.
Following the awards presentation, Kathie Short, member of the Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees, installed the following officers for 2009: Dick Westover, President; Peter Psikogios, Vice-President; Sandra Rhodes, Treasurer; Kaye Perrett, Corresponding Secretary; Aurelia Hagin, Recording Secretary; and Rena Krol, Parliamentarian.
In 2008, the Memorial Hospital Auxiliary donated over $132,000 towards various Memorial projects and $60,000 to local colleges for scholarships in health related fields.