We understand you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccination and if it’s the right choice for your child. Memorial Family Medicine Specialist Dr. Rebecca Rose answers some of the common questions she receives from parents and guardians in a recent Facebook Live session.
She addresses the following and more:
- Why should a child be vaccinated?
- How safe is the vaccine for kids?
- What common side effects have been seen in children?
- Is the dosage different for different ages?
- Is there a risk of myocarditis or other heart issues from getting the vaccine?
- Does the vaccine affect fertility?
- Can the vaccine give a child COVID-19?
Memorial is offering COVID-19 vaccine to children ages 5-17 by appointment only at its pediatric clinics. At this time, COVID-19 vaccines are not available for children at Memorial Walk-In Clinics.
If you have questions about COVID-19, please call the Memorial COVID-19 Hotline (228-867-5000).