Memorial To Vaccinate 1,200 Additional Community Members by Appointment Only On Friday, March 5
WHAT: Memorial will offer first dose Pfizer vaccinations to 1,200 members of the East Biloxi community by appointment only; this location-specific distribution works to address the racial gaps in COVID-19 vaccination administration.
WHERE: Dr. Frank Gruich Sr. Community Center (formerly known as the Biloxi Community Center) 591 Howard Ave., Biloxi.
WHO: Memorial is accepting appointments for the Pfizer COVID-19 first dose vaccine for the following eligible populations:
• Persons aged 65 years and older
• Anyone 18 to 64 years old with a chronic health condition
• Long-term care facility residents and staff
• Teachers, staff and employees in K-12, preschool or childcare settings
• First responders: law enforcement, public safety, fire services and emergency management officials
• Healthcare personnel, including: emergency medical service personnel, nurses and nursing assistants, physicians, technicians, therapists, dentists, dental hygienists and assistants, phlebotomists, pharmacists, healthcare students, contractual staff, dietary and food services staff, environmental services staff, and administrative staff
For more information about eligibility, visit the Mississippi State Department of Health.
No walk ups will be accepted at this time.
HOW: To schedule an appointment, call the COVID-19 Hotline at (228) 867-5000 Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHEN: Friday, March 5, from 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m.